The CJBA is a branch of the New Jersey Beekeepers Association whose focus is to promote beekeeping throughout the state. The CJBA serves Middlesex, Mercer, Monmouth, Ocean and Burlington counties.
Our mission is to:
- Promote and support all aspects of beekeeping in Central Jersey
- Educate the general public about the benefits and importance of beekeeping
- Dispel myths and misinformation concerning the honey bee
- Promote the honey bee and the beekeeping industry
- Provide resources and communication to the beekeeping community
To learn more or if interested in becoming a member, we welcome you to join us at our General Membership Meetings, check the calendar for the next meeting. You may also contact us at anytime, check the Contact page for more details.
CJBA Family Bee Day
Sunday May 15, 2016
11am - 4pm, Lunch 1-2 pm
Oak Tree Lodge, 1412 Schoolhouse Rd, Wall Township, NJ 07753
Cost of picnic will be $13 for members, children 12 and under are free (If paid before May 8th) $15 for members after that date. Non members $26.00
- Photography – Laura Cheney and Ed Kosenski
- Woodenware – Curtis and Bill Malloy
- Master Gardener/Beneficial plants by Patrice McCoy
- Getting Ready for the Honey Show – Susan Brandauer
- Swarm Prevention- Peter Ptak
- Hive Medication- Ken Preteroti
Open Hive Demos will be given throughout the day by Walt Wilson, Gene Armstrong, Peter Cheney, Mary Kosenski and Len Klinker- bring your bee suits!
Orders will be taken for Hive Medication at the Picnic. Members will be able to pick up the Medication at the Monmouth County Fair this July.
Swarm / Honey Bee Removal
If you need a honey bee swarm removed, look HERE for someone
near you that can assist.
Bee Swarm hanging on a branch, click the
picture to find someone to remove them.
Jacket Nest, call an exterminator to remove.
Call For Speakers
We welcome your suggestions for a dynamic speaker or a topic that you find exciting for our meetings.
Please contact our president, Gene Armstrong with your thoughts.
We Need Your Help
To help keep this site up-to-date and informative,
please send us any content about beekeeping you
think would benefit our members.
Click here to email us your suggestions, content and links.
CJBA Honey Extractors
CJBA has 2 extractors available for members to use
at no charge. Due to the high demand for use
of the extractors there is a ONE WEEK LIMIT
use of them. Extractors must be returned cleaned and
in working order.
To borrow one, please make arrangements with the
extractor manager closer to you. Pick-up and
drop-off dates and times will be based on
availablility of the equipment and the manager.
- Bob Hughes in Yardley at 609 585-4359
- Ray Pogwist in Ocean Twp. at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 732 774-0983
CJBA on Facebook